User Tools

Site Tools


product:storage:log

Differences

This shows you the differences between two versions of the page.

Link to this comparison view

Both sides previous revision Previous revision
Next revision
Previous revision
product:storage:log [2016/01/03 23:56]
jason
product:storage:log [2016/01/17 14:41]
jason
Line 51: Line 51:
 Removed the accounts and properties sections from the center grid. Added a full menu and tabs across the bottom to allow access to the client activity and transfer logs. Removed the accounts and properties sections from the center grid. Added a full menu and tabs across the bottom to allow access to the client activity and transfer logs.
  
 +==== Day 9: Installation Methods ====
 +
 +Learned about ClickOnce installations. It seems like a ClickOnce installer per major version of the application would be appropriate. If this were an application to be used on a server or with less interaction with a 3rd-party service, I'd probably use a more traditional installer.
 +
 +==== Day 10: Company Name ====
 +
 +Thought about a company name. I've speculatively bought a few domain names already. Spent a healthy amount of time going over company beliefs. Considering documenting the formation of the company publicly. Trying to stay focused on building the application.
 +
 +==== Day 11: Organization of the Application ====
 +
 +I'm struggling with how to organize the application code. Right now I have a set of "​Models"​ which represent each noun I've identified (Account, Container, Blob, Activity, Transfer, etc.) and a singleton "​Kernel."​ I suspect a singleton approach isn't sustainable long-term, but it gets me into a position where the application is functioning and I can have friends start testing it.
 +
 +I also discovered observable collections. Those should probably be used in moderation.
 +
 +==== Day 12: Multi-Account Support and Container Listing ====
 +
 +Got multi-account support working along with container listing. Also pushed all the code up to a private Bitbucket repository. This was the first time I've told git to not rewrite Windows line endings.
product/storage/log.txt ยท Last modified: 2016/01/17 14:41 by jason